Thursday 9 October 2008

A Walk to Woolsthorpe

Today was the perfect Autumn day with cool air, a pleasant breeze and plenty of sunshine. I spent the day walking to the village of Woolsthorpe and back, a journey of nearly 10 miles. This was a hike full of simple pleasures and a tasty meal at a pub called Chequers. Here's some of what I saw as I walked along the canal's towpath and on footpaths across fields and through woods.
















































The countryside is full of blackberry bushes - brambles they're called. They make a delicious treat when I'm out walking.
































Belvoir Castle just outside the village of Woolsthorpe.
















































































At one point on my way home when I was feeling more than a little lost, I looked over a hedgerow and spotted Harlaxton Manor off in the distance. Though still 2-3 miles away, I now knew which way to head.

No comments: